Orange County Computer Consultant

My photo
Orange County Computer Consultant helps small businesses with networking, installations and small business software.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Microsoft Working with Sun on Virtualization

According to a article in CRN, Micros0ft is working with Sun to make sure that their virtualization will be compatible. This means that if I purchase a Sun server with Solaris, It should, emphasis on *should* be able to run MS Server.

Do I want this? Sure why not. I like running multiple operating systems to see what I like the best. They all have benefits and flaws. For instance MS Windows is great for the business world. i.e. applications. I love Mac OS X for it's beauty and simplicity. It is the perfect OS and system for home users.

If I want to code, I then use Linux/UNIX depending on what platform I need to try to write or debug software on. I'm no expert programmer, but can read and write some C, HTML (not a programming language) PERL and Assembly X86.

With Web 2.0 taking off. A popular buzzword. What it really is is services using AJAX. Think of applications on the web to use. Google Apps comes to mind, Facebook and Myspace.

To sum this up I think it is a smart move for Microsoft. After all Novell has Xensource.